If I add all the money spent on the fight against acne, breakouts and other imperfections of the complexion, wyszłyby of such millions of coins, which even frost dreamed not. I tried a dozen methods (including many at the same time). On the way popełniałam all possible mistakes, only aggravating the condition of the skin. Suszyłam it on the chips, zapychałam the pores, and want to clean them with strong scrubs, distributing problems on the whole face.
I left a lot of money in dermatologists and cosmetologists, I went through a series of acid treatments, manual cleansing and wandering various weird devices on my face. And nothing. I made the impression that the Polish government would reduce taxes more quickly than I would do with a pupcięing baby.
Acne and diet – does food matter?
When I asked specialists or acne can reduce the diet, I heard that it was myths and you could try but the craze would not have expected, because, Lady, Mrs. Monika, has acne hormone (which because of PCOS since 13 years not seemed to be a diagnosis of the Miss), and this There are so simple things that will leave you a chocolate lady and it’ll be all right.
Half a year ago, I decided to use a diet without lactose. I had clear indications, and even after the first few days, it turned out that the non-dairy diet was saving for my digestive system. I got rid most of the ailments that had previously occurred so often that they did not seem like a particularly disturbing problem. At first, it seemed to me that this coincidence – better skin periods had already existed, and the relaxation of the symptoms was already noticed after the usual healing of diet. However, with every week after the elimination of milk from the diet, the condition of the skin has improved. I was very curious if diet without lactose would help fight off acne. It turned out that it did not help. She just wiped outed from the surface of the skin.
Photos, which obrazuję the poor state of my skin wykonałam after the weekend during which I ate 3 times the dishes containing small quantities of milk products (eating poprzedziłam an enzyme that helps digestion of lactose). This skin reaction is repeated every time a food containing milk is fall into my diet. Let us consider why (and if actually) the milk negatively affects the condition of the skin.
Milk and acne – does milk affect acne? Let’s look at the numbers and quick facts
77 No/56 Yes – when I asked my group’s members on Facebook to see if they notice the impact of the dairy on the deterioration of the skin, 77 people responded no, and 56 confirmed the association of drinking milk and its products to worsening skin condition
Increased consumption of dairy products (equal to or greater than two glasses of milk and its products) during puberty, exacerbates acne symptoms (in this study there was no evidence of different effects of semi and whole on the skin);
Milk may cause (or more often: worsen) acne due to:
- The IGF-1 factor contained therein – an aggravating seborrhea that promotes the development of skin lesions
- A high glycemic index, which induces the ejection of insulin, which in turn stimulates the ejection of androgens (including testosterone), which are conducive to the development of skin problems – are painfully convinced about this m.in. Girls with on PCOS
- Increasing the level of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone – The active form of testosterone) favors not only the high GI, but also contained in milk precursors of testosterone (the starting substances from which later the compound is formed)
- If you do not want to eat milk and its products, choose safer for the skin (and much more favourable to the gastrointestinal tract) unpasteurized products (fermented, the so-called Fresh dairy); The bacteria contained in such products use part of the IGF-1 (a factor that is suspected as the main culprit of the severity of acne after consuming milk), so that the final product (e.g. fresh milk, niepasteryzowany kefir or buttermilk) is less and does not cause strong skin reactions
- Whole milk can be safer than a reduced fat milk – this is probably because, in the milk degreasing process, parts of estrogen and progesterone are also deprived, which positively affect the condition of the skin and May work to alleviate acne symptoms
Does chocolate cause acne?
The resignation of chocolate is often proposed by dermatologists as a support for acne treatment, so it is not surprising that as much as 66% of 316 Greek teenagers  claimed that eating chocolate affects the skin’s condition negatively
- However, other studies show the relationship of chocolate eating with increased sebum secretion and worsening of the skin condition in about 1/3 subjects
- Importantly, most hypotheses talk about the potential harmfulness of chocolate due to the milk and preservatives it contains, and not the direct relationship between chocolate and breakout formation, which means more or less that people in whom chocolate Causes an worsening of acne, the same reaction would consumption of milk contained in chocolate
- It’s hard to judge the effect of chocolate on acne due to the diverse composition of individual chocolate
Lactose and Acne
The above facts show that it is not lactose causing acne. They can cause it (subtle) changes in the secretion of hormones (m.in. Insulin and to a lesser extent DHT). caused by the consumption of milk. In people diagnosed with lactose intolerance, after eliminating its source (i.e. milk and milk products) the condition of the skin is improved by reducing the consumption of milk, not the lactose itself. The effect of skin improvement is unlikely to occur when consuming lactose-inhydrated milk and dairy (because it is not lactose which causes potential problems).
Does milk cause acne?
Despite the above information does not postawiłabym the judgment: milk causes acne. The above facts and results of the research are just the rationales and hypotheses, but to this day we do not know the irrefutable explanation that postawiłoby the dot above and in the discussion about the relationship of milk consumption and the incidence of acne.
However, if you face with skin problems for a long time, consider eliminating milk and its products for 8 weeks. Remember that besides the obvious products (milk, yogurts, kefirs, cheeses, etc.) The milk is also found in breads (toasted and most deeply frozen chlebopodobnych products), and in huge quantities in sweets.
Be sure not to change your skin care products during the milk elimination period, do not use new treatments, facials, supplements. Do not change anything, besides removing from the diet milk and its products. Only then will you be able to objectively assess the effect (not) of consuming milk on the condition of the skin.
If you have tried checking on yourself the effect of milk on acne, share your observations in the comment. Has anything changed in your case? Or you may have noticed an increase in acne symptoms after consuming milk products?